This is the top of the line Taos instrument with a glamorous look and irresistible charm. For this instrument, we only use the finest hand selected figured Italian wood for the top of the body. Our burled and quilted Italian poplar is breathtaking, with awesome deep 3-D figuring that makes every Taos Special truly one-of-a-kind. The very best level tops are listed as “Mastergrade“.
By focusing on the design and structural elements that go into making a superlative solidbody guitar and utilizing clever passive electronics, Manne has created an instrument that plays amazingly well, is exceptionally flexible, and looks as bold and purposeful as a Ferrari.
Art Thompson, Senior editor, Guitar Player Settembre 2005
* 24 (6110 Dunlop) jumbo frets.
* 640mm scale (25,2").
* 400mm fretboard radius (15,75").
* Nut width 43mm (1"11/16)
* String spacing at bridge: W:10,8mm; F:10,6mm
* Thin “F resin” fretboard to give a precise attack without dead notes (info).
* Double way working truss-rod steel bar, allows favorite neck relief adjustment.
* Hardened multi laminated neck, made up with 0,8mm. thick wood plies.
* Set-in neck
* Asymmetrical (helicoidal) neck shape for comfortable playing .